Isha Yoga - for effortless living. The word ‘Isha’ means the formless primordial source of creation.
Gleaned from the core of the yogic lore and unveiled for the everyday man, Isha Yoga programs allow individuals to take tangible steps towards their inner growth. These programs are designed by Sadhguru and are a rare opportunity for self-discovery under the guidance of a realized yogi.
At Isha, yoga is taught in its full depth and dimension and communicated on an experiential level. The programs provide methods for establishing oneself in a way of life that affirms wholeness and vitality. They show that spiritual life does not deny worldly, social, and family responsibilities, but rather uses them as vehicles for personal growth and self-realization.
An array of programs is conducted regularly by the Foundation worldwide. Tailored to suit individuals from every social and cultural background, the core of these programs provides powerful tools for inner exploration.
Yoga for Children
Some of Isha's Introductory Programs:Isha Yoga programs involve simple postures, meditation and powerful ways of transforming one's energies. They do not require physical agility or any previous knowledge or experience of yoga.
- Inner Engineering - the peak of wellbeing ( also called Isha Yoga Program in Tamil Nadu ) is a 3-7 day intensive program that offers tools to re-engineer one's self through the inner science of yoga. Guided meditations and transmission of Shambhavi Maha Mudra - a powerful process of immeasurable antiquity, are offered to purify the system and improve health, productivity, balance and inner well being.
- Wholeness - a weeklong retreat - is an 8-day residential program, scientifically structured to produce a conducive environment for personal exploration and transformation. The program teaches asanas, Shakti Chalana Kriya - powerful breathing techniques for transforming one's energies, and Shoonya meditation - an effortless process of conscious non-doing.
- Hata Yoga employs the use of asanas, dynamic yoga postures, which prepare the meditator to experience higher states of meditativeness.
- Yoga for Children (7-14 years) is a 5-8 day program designed to improve the child's concentration and memory. It channels their energy and transforms them into responsive, loving and joyous beings.
Isha Foundation, founded by Sadhguru in 1992, is an entirely volunteer-run, international nonprofit organization dedicated to cultivating human potential. The Foundation is a human service organization that recognizes the possibility of each person to empower another - restoring global community through inspiration and individual transformation.
Isha Foundation is operated by over 250,000 volunteers from more than 150 city-based centers spread worldwide. The Foundation is headquartered at Isha Yoga Center, set in the lush rainforest at the base of the Velliangiri Mountains in southern India, and at the Isha Institute of Inner Sciences on the spectacular Cumberland Plateau in middle Tennessee, USA.
At the core of the Foundation's activities is a customized system of yoga called Isha Yoga. Isha Yoga distills powerful, ancient yogic methods for a modern person, creating peak physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing. This basis of total wellbeing accelerates inner growth, allowing each individual to tap the wealth of vibrant life within oneself. Sadhguru's introductory program, Inner Engineering, introduces Shambhavi Maha Mudra - a simple but powerful kriya (inner energy process) for deep inner transformation.
Isha Foundation also implements several large-scale human service projects to support individual growth, revitalize the human spirit, rebuild communities, and restore the environment. These include:
- Action for Rural Rejuvenation, a rural revitalization program offering medical care, community rehabilitation, and human upliftment to more than 2,500 destitute villages in rural southern India.
- Project Green Hands, a massive public reforestation effort aiming to plant 114 million trees in the next ten years, restoring 33% green cover in Tamil Nadu, India. The 2007 mass planting goal is 25M trees!
- Isha Vidhya, a pioneering English medium, computer-based education initiative to be established in 206 new village schools in rural southern India by 2014.
Together with its active and dedicated volunteer base, the Foundation's activities serve as a thriving model for human empowerment and community revitalization throughout the world.
Cruising Paradise lets you sail through the scenery of the beautiful Hawaiian Islands!Activities
- Visit Pearl Harbor
- Personal Relaxation
- Helicopter Tour
- Camel Ride
- Explore Desert
- Historical Sightseeing
- Felucca Ride
The Big 5
Escape to the South
Escape the day to day stresses.Explore two of the great cities of Brazil and Argentina at a relaxed pace. Your trip begins with a 3-night